Stylish musings with a side order of apple chunks.

2009-11-23

Hola! Wie gehts? Es geht mir sehr, sehr gut.

Pretty. I dig.

Can I has some sparkles, nao?

Hello, dearies! I'm your lovable, fugable Caitie, and I come bearing gifts (in the form of Maria Carla Boscono in some stunning Armani, see right!)

This dress is sexy, no? I’m really into sequins (and so is the great big fashion world, apparently) but I have to say one thing before the rest of the globe escalates the mad rush to Urban Outfitters and Topshop to get one hell of a sparkle fix:

NOT EVERY PIECE OF CLOTHING NEEDS SEQUINS! NOT EVERY INCH OF MY BODY NEEDS TO REFLECT ALL THE SHIT THAT GOES DOWN AROUND ME! 

I’ve seen some of this. I’ve seen some girls walking around with their sequin berets and sequin dresses and sequin leggings and sequin heels and, as if that wasn’t enough to make an epileptic twitch, sequin earrings and sequin necklaces and sequin rings!

… … …

So, please. Everything in moderation. Think of sequins as a sort of alcohol. If you use them reasonably, you won’t end up doing something you wish you hadn’t (in this case, looking like a gypsy.) But if you go overboard… well, bring on the tamborines!

No comments:

Post a Comment

... Have I inspired you?

No? Well... um... this is awkward, kind of.

Related Posts with Thumbnails